Cornerstone Guesthouse is a small, private and peaceful bed and breakfast an easy walk to the sea and the town centre of Swakopmund on Namibia's fascinating Skeleton Coast.
Occupying a quiet corner of Swakopmund's old town near the marine museum and the old brewery, Cornerstone Guesthouse offers the charm and intimacy of a family-run B&B combined with the modern amenities of a luxury hotel.
Within a few minutes from the guest house you can walk to beaches, cafés, restaurants, lively pubs, Swakopmund tourist attractions and a variety of interesting shops and markets in the town.
Cornerstone Guesthouse is a member of the Hospitality Association of Namibia
We offer an inclusive breakfast with a fresh selection of fruits, juices, yoghurts, breads, preserves and eggs and bacon cooked to order. Wash that all down with our freshly brewed coffee or your choice of tea and you'll be ready to explore the attractions of Swakopmund and the Skeleton Coast.
Facilities and services include:
* Same-day laundry service
* Airport transfers
* Lounge area with satellite TV
* Private garden
* Secure off-street parking
* Activities and dining booking service
* Wireless internet throughout the guesthouse
Things to do and see
Whatever your preference, Swakopmund has enough activities to keep you busy.
Cornerstone Guesthouse is not just a comfortable and convenient bed and breakfast hotel alternative; it's your relaxed base camp from which you can explore and discover the Skeleton Coast and we will help arrange your time in this beautiful part of the world.
Some of our most recommended activities in and around Swakopmund include:
* Marine cruise in Walvis Bay Lagoon (Walvis Bay) On a large catamaran or motorboat, the bay is calm and the waters full of life. This half day trip gives you close contact with seals, dolphins, birds and, if you're very lucky, sightings of whales and a strange creature called a mola mola. The cruises finish with a champagne finger brunch and fresh Walvis Bay oysters on board.
* Living Desert Tour (Swakopmund) A fascinating guided excursion into the world's oldest desert is a must for any nature lover. Discover the minutiae of life in the seemingly barren wilderness including the odd Welwitschia plant and other bizarre desert-adapted lifeforms; eerie Marsian landscapes and sensuous dunescapes offer a fitting backdrop.
* Quad Biking (Swakopmund or Long Beach) A very popular option with families, a guided quad bike trail through the dunes is fun, interesting and safe. The tours follow strict ecological guidelines to protect the fragile ecosystem and maintain the unspoilt beauty of the Skeleton Coast
- Number of Rooms: 5
- Children Policy: We accept children
- Best time to visit: March to October